Information from Oregon Health Authority.
How can I keep myself from getting sick with COVID-19?
There are simple steps you can take to protect yourself and your family from COVID-19 as well as influenza and other illnesses:
- Wash your hands often with soap and water for at least 20 seconds. If soap and water are not available, use an alcohol-based hand sanitizer.
- Avoid touching your eyes, nose and mouth with unwashed hands.
- Avoid close contact with sick people or animals.
- Stay home when you are sick.
- Cover your cough or sneeze with a tissue, then throw it away. If you don’t have a tissue, cough into your elbow.
- Clean and disinfect objects and surfaces that you frequently touch.
- Avoid non-essential travel to regions listed in CDC travel advisories.
Please consult the following sources for information about COVID-19 and keeping your family from contracting and spreading the virus.